Capricer med [Caprices with] Orphei Drängar, Vol. 6
OD’s sixth set of Caprices presents secret guests Ale Möller, Brazz Brothers, Gunnel Bohman, The Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, and Lena Willemark, in works by Carl Orff, Leonard Bernstein, and Franz Schubert. Conductor: Robert Sund.
PREVIEW THE RECORD (THE CLIPS ARE ONLY 30 SECONDS LONG DUE TO COPYRIGHT)
- In Taberna 3’07
- Pilgrimskören 5’36
- Marche Militaire Med Förspel 5’51
- Blue Rondo 6’55
- En Sång Som Handlar Om Sig Sjalv 2’14
- Gavotte 4’23
- I Feel Pretty 3’33
- Maria 3’08
- Tonight 5’48
- Saiva 5’26
- Tango Vid Midnatt 6’13
- Polni Cestou 3’23
- OD on Spotify
Said about OD
- With OD behind me, I felt unstoppable.
- You become euphoric when you see them, and then they start to sing. That is when you feel true bliss!
Santtu-Matias RouvaliChief conductor of the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra
- ”They really got to the depths of Sibelius music. I cannot think of any other choir to perform Sibelius with.”
- Orphei Drängar is an explosion of intelligence, feeling, intensity and precision.
- OD is a national pride of Sweden with the best male choir sound in the whole world!
Esa-Pekka SalonenConductor and composer
- OD possesses a combination of power, energy, and culture. Joy of discovery combined with professional technical and musical prowess.
Anne Sofie von OtterOpera Soprano
- It was one of my most enjoyable professional experiences to work with this collection of super nice, super good, super good-looking gents.
- OD is like a dream (with a whole lot of tail coats in it)!