In connection with the wedding between Crown Princess Victoria and Mr Daniel Westling the Swedish Parliament invited the couple to a gala concert in the Stockholm concert hall. Many leading artists took part and among them were OD.
OD was honored to perform the famous ”Anvil Chorus” from Guiseppe Verdis opera ”Il Trovatore” with a funny text, written by the concert’s producer Peter Ström, accompanied by the Royal Philharmonic orchestra lead by Mats Rondin. In addition to this, OD sang with Lars Cleveman in the Nessum Dorma aria from ”Turandot” by Puccini, as well as Peter Jöback and Helene Sjöholm in ”Come What May” from the musical ”Moulin Rouge” by Baerwald/Gilbert and in the grand finale ”Can’t help falling in love” which turned in to a wonderful summer song written by Anders Neglin and performed by all the artists together with a children’s choir from Adolf Fredriks music classes. OD was pleased to see several of its honorary members on stage including opera singers Malena Ernman and Peter Mattei, clarinet-player Martin Fröst and the host of the show and director of Stockholms konserthus, Stefan Forsberg.
- OD on Spotify
Said about OD
- With OD behind me, I felt unstoppable.
- You become euphoric when you see them, and then they start to sing. That is when you feel true bliss!
Santtu-Matias RouvaliChief conductor of the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra
- ”They really got to the depths of Sibelius music. I cannot think of any other choir to perform Sibelius with.”
- Orphei Drängar is an explosion of intelligence, feeling, intensity and precision.
- OD is a national pride of Sweden with the best male choir sound in the whole world!
Esa-Pekka SalonenConductor and composer
- OD possesses a combination of power, energy, and culture. Joy of discovery combined with professional technical and musical prowess.
Anne Sofie von OtterOpera Soprano
- It was one of my most enjoyable professional experiences to work with this collection of super nice, super good, super good-looking gents.
- OD is like a dream (with a whole lot of tail coats in it)!