Cecilia Rydinger Alin Choir Director of the Year
On Eric Ericson Day in Berwald Hall, Sunday, October 25, KÖRSAM, the coordinating body for the Swedish choral world, awarded the Choir Director of the Year prize to OD’s leader Cecilia Rydinger Alin. She is the third Orphei Drängar director to be honored with the prize.
The justification for FOLKSAM and KÖRSAM’s award 2009 Choir Director of the Year reads: “Cecilia Rydinger Alin. An outstanding choir director and musical figure. A humble servant of music with a broad field of activities and with the musical art of our time close to her heart. An engaged and engaging leader and teacher of choirs, orchestras, and students of conducting. First woman to lead the male-voice choir Orphei Drängar.”
– It’s fantastic to receive such a fine prize and such recognition from your colleagues. I’m extremely happy and proud, says Cecilia Rydinger Alin.
Other well-known conductors who have won the Choir Director of the Year Award include Karin Eklundh. Stefan Parkman, Robert Sund, and Eric Ericson.
- OD on Spotify
Said about OD
- With OD behind me, I felt unstoppable.
- You become euphoric when you see them, and then they start to sing. That is when you feel true bliss!
Santtu-Matias RouvaliChief conductor of the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra
- ”They really got to the depths of Sibelius music. I cannot think of any other choir to perform Sibelius with.”
- Orphei Drängar is an explosion of intelligence, feeling, intensity and precision.
- OD is a national pride of Sweden with the best male choir sound in the whole world!
Esa-Pekka SalonenConductor and composer
- OD possesses a combination of power, energy, and culture. Joy of discovery combined with professional technical and musical prowess.
Anne Sofie von OtterOpera Soprano
- It was one of my most enjoyable professional experiences to work with this collection of super nice, super good, super good-looking gents.
- OD is like a dream (with a whole lot of tail coats in it)!